We see many patients every day at First Coast Pain who are seeking arthritis treatment in Jacksonville, FL. That is why we thought it would be useful to provide some information on alleviating arthritis pain.
Before we jump into the discussion of treatments, we need to take a moment to look at what arthritis is. Simply put, arthritis is an inflammation of the joints, and it can affect anyone at any age. There are more than 100 different types, and it can strike one joint or multiple joints at the same time.
The sooner you are diagnosed with arthritis, the quicker you can begin seeking treatment and relief from the pain and discomfort. Here’s what you need to watch for so that you can recognize the early signs:
- A primary indicator is pain, stiffness, and swelling in one or more joints.
- You experience morning stiffness of the affected joint that persists for one hour, at least.
- Your pain and stiffness increases with inactivity and reduces with physical activity.
- Your range of motion is reduced.
- These symptoms are also sometimes accompanied by fever, weight loss, anemia, and fatigue.
You can seek relief from the pain and discomfort with arthritis treatments that include guided steroid injections, peripheral nerve radiofrequency ablations, as well as regenerative therapies.