Spine Treatments at our Pain Management Clinic in St. Augustine, FL
When your neck, back, or legs hurt, it is challenging to move or even remain still. It seems pain is always with you and intensifies with the slightest motion. Seek relief from pain with spine treatments at our pain management clinic in St. Augustine, FL. Find compassionate and capable care from our board-certified physicians.
We recommend that you schedule an appointment at our pain management clinic to talk to our doctors about back pain treatment near Jacksonville, FL, and any other spine-related pain. We listen to you and follow up with an examination and tests to determine the cause and provide you with the best treatment for your pain.
Spine Treatments to Relieve Back, Neck, & Leg Pain
We provide comprehensive pain management near Jacksonville, FL, with a variety of different treatments. We will take a multi-faceted approach to find a solution for your pain. The following is a list of treatments that may work for you in minimizing or eliminating pain in the necks, legs, or back:
- Epidural Steroid Injections – Those patients suffering from pain in the lower back and legs may find relief with an injection of steroids. Steroids aid in reducing inflammation, which you experience as discomfort and pain. After the steroids take effect, rehabilitation can offer longer and more lasting solutions.
- Facet Injections – Injecting an anesthetic into the facet joints in your spine offers a temporary cessation of pain. It also helps our physicians determine if these joints are the source of pain. The injection includes steroids to decrease inflammation.
- Radiofrequency Ablation – With this procedure, we use radiofrequency waves to burn away nerve fibers that send messages about pain. This quick and minimally invasive procedure can offer immediate relief. Radiofrequency ablation is an option for patients who are experiencing chronic pain in the neck and lower back.
- Sympathetic Blockade – An injection of anesthetic to the sympathetic nerves at the front of the spine reduces chronic pain in the legs and feet. The injection can include steroids. When suffering is reduced or eliminated, the patient can seek physical therapy to address the problem and eventually resume life as usual.
- Nerve Blocks – As you would guess, this procedure blocks pain from connecting to a nerve or joint. This offers temporary relief from chronic pain in the neck or back and tells the doctor if this is where the pain originates.
- Kyphoplasty – We can use a special type of spine surgery to treat compression fractures of the vertebrae. This involves inserting a surgical balloon into a tube to inflate the collapsed area. We fill that area with bone cement to keep the vertebra in place.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation – When previous treatment or surgery doesn’t relieve back pain, this procedure can help. Essentially, a device is implanted near the spine to send electrical pulses that interfere with signals to the brain about pain.
- Intrathecal Pump Trials – Medication administered from a pump implanted in the body may be the answer to chronic pain. The pump releases medication on a schedule that allows a reduced dose and often makes other medications unnecessary. During a trial period, we monitor how the pump works. If it proves effective, it offers a long-term pain-management solution.
Contact us today to ask about treatment for chronic pain in the back, neck, and legs. We proudly serve patients in St. Augustine, Florida, and the surrounding areas.